Backing Up Individual Accounts and Sites
To back up a user account with or without sites:
- Click Customers.
- Locate the customer whose account you want to back up, and click the corresponding Control Panel link.
- Click the Account tab.
- Do any of the following:
- To back up a user account with sites, click Back Up My Account and Websites.
- To back up only websites with content, click Back Up Websites.
- Click Back Up.
- Specify the following:
- Backup file name prefix and description. You cannot specify an arbitrary file name, however, you can set the control panel to add a prefix to backup file names. Note that the control panel automatically adds the date and time of backup file creation (in Universal Time) to backup file names.
- Splitting of the backup file. To create a multivolume backup, select the respective checkbox and specify volume size in megabytes.
- Location where to store the backup file. Select the repository where you would like to store the backup file.
- E-mail notification on backup completion. If you want to send an e-mail notice on the backup completion, type the required e-mail address.
- What data to back up. You can back up only the settings, or settings and all data.
- Click Back Up. The backup process will start and the progress will be shown under the Current Back Up Tasks tab. You can use the Refresh button to update the information on the screen.
When backing up is finished, the backup file will be saved to the repository you selected.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.