Changing Your Password and Contact Information
To change your password:
- Click the Change Password link in the navigation pane.
- Enter your old and new passwords.
- Click OK.
To update your contact information:
- Click the Profile & Preferences link in the navigation pane.
- Update your information as required, and click OK.
If you forgot your password:
- In your web browser's address bar, type the URL where your Parallels Plesk Panel is located.
- For example, https://your-server.com:8443.
- Press ENTER. Parallels Plesk Panel login screen will open.
- Click the Forgot your password? link.
- You will be prompted to specify your login name and e-mail address registered in the system. Type your login name into the Login box, type your e-mail address registered in the system into the E-mail box, and click OK.
- If your password cannot be sent by e-mail because it was stored by the system in encrypted form, you will be prompted to set up a new password using a secret code that will be generated for that purpose and sent to your e-mail.
- Once you received the e-mail from the password reminder, click the link in the message body. A new browser window will open.
- At this step, specify your login name and a new password.
The Secret Code field of the form should be automatically filled by the system, and if it is not, copy the secret code from the message you received to the clipboard and paste to the form.
- Click OK to submit.
The instructions on how to restore your password will be sent to your e-mail address.
If Your Panel Works with Customer & Business Manager
For the Panel to work fine with Customer & Business Manager, you will have to actually change two passwords. The first is that you and Business Manager use to work with the Panel, and the second is a global password you use to log in to both Business Manager and the Panel.
To change your password if you employ Business Manager:
- Change your password in the Panel by following instructions from section Changing Your Password and Contact Information.
- Update this password in connection settings of Business Manager.
- Click Business Setup > All Settings.
- Click Server Groups.
- Select the ID of the server group where the Panel resides (PleskUnix or PleskWin).
- Click Edit.
- Change the password to the one you specified at step 1.
- Set this password as global account password.
- Make sure you are in Business Manager and click the Profile link in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Repeat the password you specified at step 1.